Subject: [nwcrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-nwcrg-nwc-ccn-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 02:00:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Coding for efficient NetWork Communications Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Network Coding for Content-Centric Networking / Named Data Networking: Requirements and Challenges
        Authors         : Kazuhisa Matsuzono
                          Hitoshi Asaeda
                          Cedric Westphal
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nwcrg-nwc-ccn-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-09-20

Abstract:
   This document describes the current research outcomes regarding
   Network Coding (NC) for Content-Centric Networking (CCN) / Named Data
   Networking (NDN), and clarifies the requirements and challenges for
   applying NC into CCN/NDN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nwcrg-nwc-ccn-reqs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-nwc-ccn-reqs-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-nwc-ccn-reqs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nwcrg-nwc-ccn-reqs-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kazuhisa Matsuzono <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 18:06:49 +0900

Dear NWCRG community,

We've just uploaded the new draft incorporating the feedback we received.
We are looking forward to further comments if any.
A brief list of updates which specifies the modified Section and the 
content is below:
<Sec. 1 Introduction>
* Move the sentences regarding NC transport mechanism (coherent/non- 
coherent NC) from Sec. 3 to Sec. 1.

<Sec. 2.2 NDN/CCN Background>
* Add two references, CCNx and NDN packet format.

<Sec. 4.1 Content Naming>
* Add a pointer to the other section since the naming considerations 
appears later, and remove some duplicated sentences.
* Move the sentence regarding compression techniques from 4.2.3 Router 
Operation to 4.1 Content Naming.

<Sec. 4.2.4 Publisher Operation>
*Add one benefit in such end-to-end

<Sec. 4.3 In-network Caching>
* Regarding the security consideration for caching, add the pointer to 
Sec. 4.5 Security and Privacy.

<Sec. 4.4 Seamless Mobility>
* Remove "rate adaptation" since the subsection pertains to seamless 
mobility.

<Sec. 5.2 Rate and Congestion Control>
* adds the sentence regarding seamless mobility.

<Sec. 5.4 Routing Scalability>
* Added a challenge regarding getting linearly independent content.

Thank you.

Kazuhisa

On 2019/09/20 18:00, [email-masked] wrote:
> This draft is a work item of the Coding for efficient NetWork 
> Communications Research Group RG of the IRTF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> nwcrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/nwcrg
>