Subject: [nwcrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 23:11:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Coding for efficient NetWork Communications Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Coding and congestion control in transport
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emmanuel Lochin
                          Francois Michel
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-02-06

Abstract:
   Coding is a reliability mechanism that is distinct and separated from
   the loss detection of congestion controls.  Using coding can be a
   useful way to better deal with tail losses or with networks with non-
   congestion losses.  However, coding mechanisms should not hide
   congestion signals.  This memo offers a discussion of how coding and
   congestion control can coexist.  This document can help the
   comparison of FEC schemes by identifying at which level they are
   operating with respect to the transport congestion control.

   This document is the product of the Coding for Efficient Network
   Communications Research Group (NWCRG).  The scope of the document is
   end-to-end communications: coding for tunnels is out-of-the scope of
   the document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nwcrg-coding-and-congestion-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/