Subject: [nwcrg] Melinda Shore's Yes on draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Melinda Shore via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 17:26:18 -0700

Melinda Shore has entered the following ballot position for
draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-13: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not my area of expertise but I thought it was clear and easily
understandable and that it did not contain any obviously problematic material. 
One minor typo in the last sentence of section 3.4:

"In this use-case, adding network coding  techniques will prevent the
end-to-end retransmission from occurring since the packet losses would probably
recovered."

I don't know if that should be "recover" or "be recovered" (or something else
entirely).

I'm also curious how various network coding mechanisms would or would not work
for encrypted traffic (for example, mixing), but I am comfortable with that
being out-of-scope for this document.