Subject: [oauth-ext-review] Request to register OAuth Authorization Server Metadata: tls_client_certificate_bound_access_tokens & mtls_endpoint_aliases

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:16:38 -0600

Please review the registration requests for the
"tls_client_certificate_bound_access_tokens" & "mtls_endpoint_aliases"
OAuth Authorization Server Metadata parameters found in section 9.2 of
draft-ietf-oauth-mtls at
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-16#section-9.2

Thank you,
Brian Campbell - draft-ietf-oauth-mtls co-author

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:39:28 -0600

Looking at
https://www.iana.org/assignments/oauth-parameters/oauth-parameters.xhtml#authorization-server-metadata
I see the DEs for AS Metadata are Michael Jones, Nat Sakimura, and John
Bradley. John and Nat are co-authors of the document in question so their
approval is implied but also could be perceived as creating a conflict of
interest. So per https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8414#section-7 I think that
means that this should be "defer[ed] to the judgment of the other Experts".
The other experts are Mike. Mike is heavily involved in the WG that the
document came out of so I'd hope and expect that he'd approve of the
registration too. But I'll request that he respond in the affirmative to
this message just for procedural sake.