Subject: Re: [oauth-ext-review] request to register RFC 6749's "Extensions Error"s

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 19:30:40 -0800

Hi Experts,

Do you have any thoughts on these registrations?
I note that https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5873 attempts to enumerate
the error values in question.

Thanks,

Ben

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 08:57:24PM -0700, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> RFC 6749 establishes the OAuth Extensions Error Registry
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-11.4) but includes only a
> Registration Template and not initial registry contents.
> I request that the error values from the base protocol spec (as listed,
> from Sections 4.1.2.1, 4.2.2.1, 5.2, and 7.2) be listed in the registry,
> with "usage location" determined from the corresponding section of the
> document, change controller "IESG", and reference RFC 6749.  Advice for how
> to list the "Protocol Extension" column is welcome; I am undecided between
> leaving it empty and something like "OAuth 2.0 core protocol".
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Ben

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 09:54:09 -0700

I'm no expert* but I believe these registrations should be made to
retroactively correct for what seems to have been an omission in RFC 6749.
Offhand I guess I'd favor something like you mentioned along the lines of
"OAuth 2.0 core protocol" as the "Protocol Extension".

* Hannes is the only one according to
https://www.iana.org/assignments/oauth-parameters/oauth-parameters.xhtml#extensions-error

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:30 PM Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> oauth-ext-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth-ext-review
>

-- 
_CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you._