Subject: [OAUTH-WG] HTTP auth issues, in Anaheim

From: Yutaka OIWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:03:38 +0900

Dear people in OAuth and other HTTP related mailing lists,

Last month I updated the draft for HTTP Mutual Access Authorization
Protocol proposal (draft-oiwa-http-mutualauth-06).
A full announcement has been already sent to OAuth WG mailing list.
If you are interested, please see an article in OAuth ML
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg01223.html).

To step forward for next -07 draft, I have a plan to make a separate
draft which covers several extensions to HTTP authentication mechanisms
(not specific to our Mutual proposal), which may include features such
as log-out, redirection depending on authentication status etc.
The next Mutual-auth draft will then refer to that new draft for
required extensions, and will become modular and much simpler.

To realize that, I want to have suggestions from/discussion with other
people who are also working on or interested in this area.

I will visit Anaheim and attend OAuth, httpbis and several other HTTP-related WGs.
If you are interested in improving various HTTP authentication issues
(such as secure authentication, logout and others), please find us in Anaheim,
or contact me on email.  I'm looking very forward to discussing issues there.

Cheers,

-- 
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                                       Research Scientist
                            Research Center for Information Security (RCIS)
    National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
                      Mail addresses: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
OpenPGP: id[440546B5] fp[7C9F 723A 7559 3246 229D  3139 8677 9BD2 4405 46B5]