Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-30.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 17:51:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: JWT Secured Authorization Request (JAR)
        Authors         : Nat Sakimura
                          John Bradley
                          Michael B. Jones
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-30.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2020-09-10

Abstract:
   The authorization request in OAuth 2.0 described in RFC 6749 utilizes
   query parameter serialization, which means that Authorization Request
   parameters are encoded in the URI of the request and sent through
   user agents such as web browsers.  While it is easy to implement, it
   means that (a) the communication through the user agents is not
   integrity protected and thus the parameters can be tainted, and (b)
   the source of the communication is not authenticated.  Because of
   these weaknesses, several attacks to the protocol have now been put
   forward.

   This document introduces the ability to send request parameters in a
   JSON Web Token (JWT) instead, which allows the request to be signed
   with JSON Web Signature (JWS) and encrypted with JSON Web Encryption
   (JWE) so that the integrity, source authentication and
   confidentiality property of the Authorization Request is attained.
   The request can be sent by value or by reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-30
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-30

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-30

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/