Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Save the Date: May 25-26, Federation and Browsers Workshop

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 14:29:02 -0400

All,

Take a look at the following email from Heather regarding the Browsers
Workshop.

Regards,
 Rifaat

The *WebID* project in the *W3C Web Incubator Community Group (WICG)* would
like to invite you to participate in a workshop on
*May 25 & 26 from 10:00-13:00 PDT* dedicated to understanding the
implications of federation on the web in the face of privacy-preserving
changes to eliminate inappropriate user tracking. To date, discussions
about aspects of tracking, including eliminating third-party cookies,
evolving the use of link decoration, potential protocol-level changes, and
so on, are happening in several locations. Given the location of
expertise on each of those specific areas, that is entirely understandable.
What we are hoping to accomplish with this workshop is to bring
all the communities grappling with the impact of browser changes on
federated identity together to establish a common understanding of the
challenges.

Day one will focus on presentations from browsers and large-scale IdP
operators. Each IdP operator will have around 15 minutes to offer their
perspective with 5 minutes to allow for clarification questions from
participants. Day two will focus on questions and discussion topics that
came
out of day one.

The connection details, agenda, and notes for the day are in the WICG WebID
GitHub repository
<https://github.com/WICG/WebID/blob/main/meetings/2021/25-26_May_2021.md>,
and participation requires joining the WICG
and accepting the W3C’s Community Contributor’s Agreement
<https://www.w3.org/community/about/process/cla/>. There is no cost to the
workshop or WICG membership. We hope you can attend!