Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-iss-auth-resp-02.txt> (OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server Issuer Identification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 13:34:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document: - 'OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server
Issuer Identification'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-iss-auth-resp-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-17. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new parameter iss that is used to
   explicitly include the issuer identifier of the authorization server
   in the authorization response of an OAuth authorization flow.  The
   iss parameter serves as an effective countermeasure to "mix-up
   attacks".

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-iss-auth-resp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.