Subject: [ogpx] FYI: ISOC panel on Virtual Worlds and Gaming

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:30:31 -0500

We have no details yet, but there will be an ISOC panel during lunch
time on the Tuesday of IETF 77 (23 March):

> Second, following the successful Internet Society (ISOC) lunch-time
> panels at IETF 74, 75, and 76, there will be another panel on Tuesday,
> March 23rd.   This panel will focus on Internet applications beyond the
> Web and traditional network services: virtual worlds and gaming.  A
> lively discussion of deployment and policies is expected.

These lunchtime panels have been mostly aimed at the industry press,
so it's unlikely to involve detailed technical issues, but it could be
interesting.  ISOC will likely have a signup period, during which IETF
attendees can register (free) to attend the panel.  I'll post back
here when we have more details.  (I also have no idea how they're
planning to put together the speakers on the panel.)

Barry

---

From: Lawson English <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:59:21 -0700

> planning to put together the speakers on the panel.)

I'm assuming there's been no talk of virtual attendance via avatars? 
Will there at least be an audio link?

Lawson

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 00:02:47 -0500

Lawson asks...
> I'm assuming there's been no talk of virtual attendance via avatars? Will
> there at least be an audio link?

As I said:
>> We have no details yet,

I'm trying to work with ISOC on this, and I'll let y'all know more
when I know more.

Barry