Subject: [ogpx] Draft Agenda for VWRAP WG Session at IETF77

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:16:32 -0800

Please get out your slings and arrows - it's time to bash the agenda for the
upcoming face-to-face meeting next month in Anaheim.

We asked for a 90 minute session, so we should probably plan on dropping
(from the list below) discussion of drafts which are not looking at
submissions to the IESG in the next few months to dedicate more time for
active work on the issues in the shorter term drafts (intro/foundation/type
system). Also, if you'd previously proposed a topic and I did not include
it, that's an oversight on my part not an intentional deletion, so please
re-raise the request.

2min - Mixed Reality Status Check[1]  - Joshua Bell
5min - Welcome, Introductions, Agenda Review/Bashing, News - Barry Leiba,
Joshua Bell
10min - Open Issues in "Introduction and Goals"  - Meadhbh Hamrick
10min - Open Issues in "Foundation"  - Meadhbh Hamrick/Mark Lentczner
20min - Open Issues in "Abstract Type System"[2] - Meadhbh Hamrick/Mark
Lentczner
5min - Status/Issues in "User Authentication"[3]  - Meadhbh Hamrick
5min - Status/Issues in"Client Application Launch Message"  - Meadhbh
Hamrick
5min - Status/Issues in "Deployment and Trust Patterns" - David W Levine
5min - Cable Beach and VWRAP  - John Hurliman
5min - Virtual World Accessibility[4] - Katherine Mancuso
5min - What's NOT in VWRAP (a dissection of the Linden "Legacy" Protocol)  -
Joshua Bell
5min - Next Steps - Barry Leiba, Joshua Bell

[1] this is NOT to diagnose/fix issues; it's simply to confirm that a
channel is functional or not, and redirect participants appropriately
[2] Including implementation experiences, possibly by John Hurliman
[3] Should include discussion on OAuth
[4] Tentative, based on the scheduling of our session

Feedback appreciated:
* What to add to the agenda
* What to drop from the agenda
* Time allotments/priorities
* Overall order (I have Meadhbh/Mark on the podium for a long period of
time; break it up a bit?)

---

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:46:46 -0800

What, no feedback? C'mon, peeps!

A bit of an update though:

* We have a tentative time slot of Tuesday (March 23rd) evening (1740-1940 /
5:40pm-7:40pm) Pacific Time. The final schedule will not be announced until
the 26th, however.

* That also gives us two hours, which means we aren't quite as constrained.

I would lean towards beefing up time spent for issue bashing on the three
active drafts (intro, foundation, type system) and the "presentations"
(deployment patterns, cable beach, accessibility, what's not...). Opinions?

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Joshua Bell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please get out your slings and arrows - it's time to bash the agenda for
> the upcoming face-to-face meeting next month in Anaheim.
>
> 5min - What's NOT in VWRAP (a dissection of the Linden "Legacy" Protocol)
>  - Joshua Bell

---

From: David W Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:51:31 -0500

I'd like to include a "Foundation roadmap" discussion focused on path 
forward for UDP, http, long poll, websocket/hybi and such.  There's been a 
lot of change in the space over the
past year, and I think getting the issues on the table would be good. 5-10 
minutes. I'll happily pull some slides together (And would love input 
from, say, Oh, John Hurliman who I know
has some thoughts on the long poll front) 

- David
~ Zha

From:
Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
To:
ogpx <[email-masked]>
Date:
02/23/2010 11:47 AM
Subject:
Re: [ogpx] Draft Agenda for VWRAP WG Session at IETF77
Sent by:
[email-masked]

* We have a tentative time slot of Tuesday (March 23rd) evening (1740-1940 
/ 5:40pm-7:40pm) Pacific Time. The final schedule will not be announced 
until the 26th, however.

* That also gives us two hours, which means we aren't quite as 
constrained. 

I would lean towards beefing up time spent for issue bashing on the three 
active drafts (intro, foundation, type system) and the "presentations" 
(deployment patterns, cable beach, accessibility, what's not...). 
Opinions?

We asked for a 90 minute session, so we should probably plan on dropping 
(from the list below) discussion of drafts which are not looking at 
submissions to the IESG in the next few months to dedicate more time for 
active work on the issues in the shorter term drafts 
(intro/foundation/type system). Also, if you'd previously proposed a topic 
and I did not include it, that's an oversight on my part not an 
intentional deletion, so please re-raise the request.

Feedback appreciated:

_______________________________________________
ogpx mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogpx

---

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:19:29 -0800

The final agenda has been published:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/77/agenda.html

Note that the time for the VWRAP session changed to Tuesday, March 23rd
09:00-11:30 Pacific. I'm pretty sure we will not use the entire 2.5-hour
slot, but it gives us more breathing room.

Can I ask all of those who are planning to attend (physically or virtually)
*and* present/lead discussions to reply on-list and confirm, and give an
updated time estimate?

I'm confirming my attendance, and believe my discussion topic ("What's not
in VWRAP") will fill about 10 minutes.