Subject: [ogpx] Updates to drafts

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:47:04 -0500

To clarify the recent draft submissions:
The IETF "tools" page for each working group collects, in addition to
official working group documents (those with names
"draft-ietf-vwrap-...") documents that are related to the working
group (with names "draft-AUTHOR-vwrap-...").  The VWRAP tools page is
here:

   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/vwrap/

Because most of the starting-point documents that are called out in
the VWRAP charter have expired, as we wait for new versions Joshua and
I asked the authors to post updates that at least un-expire them and
sync the names with the working group so they're tracked on the tools
page.  Mark and David have submitted theirs this week, and Meadhbh
will submit the others next week, including the substantive changes
she's been working on.  That should give us plenty of time to raise
issues on the mailing list in advance of the IETF meeting in late
March.

This is an opportunity to point out that others are welcome to proffer
Internet drafts with the "draft-AUTHOR-vwrap-..." name pattern, and to
ask the working group to consider them.  The chairs would appreciate a
note about such intent, so we can help coordinate the request.

I hope we'll soon be ready, as a group, to start adopting these as
official working group documents, at which point the change control
fully belongs to the group, and we'll start using the issue tracker
(also available off of the tools page).  Anyone who is not a major
contributor to the documents and is interested in managing the issue
tracker for the group should please send a note to the chairs
<[email-masked]> and let us know that you're willing to
help.

Barry (and Joshua), as chair

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:53:58 -0500

Just to ping people: All the draft have now been updated, as of the
weekend; see them here:
   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/vwrap/
...at the "Related Active Documents" section.  There's been a little
discussion of type-system already.  Have a look at the others.

Barry, doing the chair thing again

---

From: "Infinity Linden (Meadhbh Hamrick)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:19:49 -0800

hey barry...

you read my mind. i was just reminded that it would be a good idea for
a draft author to announce the submission of new drafts, so let me
take a few moments to give a precis on the three i submitted last
friday:

[1] draft-hamrick-vwrap-intro-00
[2] draft-hamrick-vwrap-launch-00
[3] draft-hamrick-vwrap-type-system-00

the first draft, titled "vwrap : intro and goals" is largely similar
to to the earlier "ogp : intro and requirements" draft and includes
modifications requested by list participants and IETF F2F meeting
attendees. it describes, in very general terms, what we mean when we
say "virtual world" and provides a few goals for the protocol stack.
it is intended to be read by an implementer of the VWRAP protocol to
help contextualize the effort, and to introduce technical
non-specialists to the effort.

the second draft, titled "vwrap : client application launch message"
is largely similar to the earlier "ogp : client application launch
message." this latest submission had less "back and forth" between the
two authors, so to the degree that you like the draft, thank john
hurliman. to the degree that you do not like it, you can blame me. the
"CALM" or "Client Application Launch Message" is an XML, JSON or
Binary message that carries information about the service endpoint a
client should use to authenticate itself, as well as a technique for
allowing authentication/authorization with OpenID or OAuth. the major
change in this version is that client application developers are given
the guidance that the authentication named type in the client
application launch message should be used when authenticating the
client, even if the authentication map entry is not present.

the third draft, titled "vwrap : abstract type system for the
transmission of dynamic structured data" is an update to the earlier
"OGP : LLSD" draft. It fixes some typographical errors in the earlier
draft as well as providing an expanded exposition of the LLIDL
interface description language.

i look forward to discussing these drafts on the list.

sincerely,
meadhbh hamrick

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hamrick-vwrap-intro/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hamrick-vwrap-launch/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hamrick-vwrap-type-system/

--
  infinity linden (aka meadhbh hamrick)  *  it's pronounced "maeve"
        http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Infinity_Linden

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 15:53, Barry Leiba
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ogpx mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogpx