Subject: [Openpgp-dt] 20211101 DT meeting notes

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:27:52 +0000

# OpenPGP Design Team

2021-11-01
Attending:

  * Daniel Kahn Gillmor

  * Paul Wouters

  * Niibe Yutaka

  * Stephen Farrell

Between clock changes and holidays we were missing a few folks.

Paul W noted that he has a bunch of MRs with approvals. He'll merge 
those as/if they look good. We won't emit a new I-D until after the IETF 
112 session.

IETF meeting is next week with openpgp WG session on Nov 10th @ 1200 UTC 
(noon).

Given that, we won't have a DT meeting the Monday before.

DKG suggested agenda for IETF meeting. Discuss on WG list as needed.

We finished early, not having quorum.

---

From: Justus Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 14:36:50 +0100

> Between clock changes and holidays we were missing a few folks.

Oh no, I missed you because of the damn DST, even though I remember
(now!) that we talked about it last week... so sorry.

While I was not chatting with you, I jitted my homework:

https://gitlab.com/openpgp-wg/rfc4880bis/-/merge_requests/91

Justus

---

From: Daniel Huigens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 13:46:49 +0000

Whoops, I also had the meeting in my calendar at 14:30 local time,
rather than 12:30 UTC, apologies. However, I actually can't join at
13:30 CET, as I have another meeting until 14:00 CET. Any chance we
could move the meeting either to 13:00 UTC, or 12:30 UTC on Tuesdays?

Best,
Daniel

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Monday, November 1st, 2021 at 14:27, Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Openpgp-dt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/openpgp-dt

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:34:36 +0000

(No worries about missing a meeting on day 1 of winter
time - happens all the winter times:-)

On 01/11/2021 13:46, Daniel Huigens wrote:
>   Any chance we

Either would be fine for me. Others?

Cheers,
S.

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 18:10:11 -0400

> Either would be fine for me. Others?

I could also do either of these proposed times.

fwiw, i always enter internet-specific meetings into my calendaring
tools in UTC, so that recurring meetings get set to the appropriate
local time when tzdata thinks they should be.  (not that tzdata is
always right…)

I've even tried to convince local recurring meetings to schedule in UTC
so that they don't do the thing where some parts of the year they
collide with internet-based meetings and other parts they don't.  but i
don't have much luck with that, the local people just look at me funny.

  --dkg

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 20:50:08 -0400 (EDT)

>> Either would be fine for me. Others?

Tuesday is the most popular meeting day, so those are generally hard.
My company is testing with "no meetings Wednesdays", so those work
better for me :)

Paul