Subject: [openpgp] openpgp WG design team plan

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 14:29:07 +0100

Hi all,

As you may have noticed we've not asked for a session for the
openpgp WG at IETF-111. The main reason is that we didn't see
that being so productive for us at this point as we probably
need to get more of the "catch-up" work out of the way before
it'd be a good way of using so many people's time.

So, in order to try speed things up a bit, we (as chairs) are
going to try form a design team. Our idea is that that team
will consist of the chairs and editors (Paul and Werner) and
a few others, will meet roughly monthly with the goal of
reviewing all the changes needed to bring the WG draft up to
the same level as the earlier draft-10. We hope that the DT
will emit an I-D also roughly monthly, as changes are handled
and committed to the repo.

For those less familiar with the IETF's design team (DT)
concept, a DT is a group selected by chairs who do some work
that is then an input to the WG - whether or not the WG have
rough consensus on the DT output is up to the WG and not the
DT. For this DT, we'll have a closed mailing list with an
open archive, and, as stated, roughly monthly calls.

So, if you're interested in helping out, *and* can commit to
making those calls, *and* to reviewing changes in between
calls, then please drop a note to the chairs. We plan to try
get this started in the next couple of weeks, with a goal of
resolving all the draft-10->WG draft issues ideally by the
end of August (ok, that's optimistic, but hey, why not? :-).

Thanks,
Stephen & Daniel.