Subject: [OPS-AREA] Two BOF proposals for the Chicago IETF

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:45:06 +0200

Today is the deadline for submitting preliminary requests for BOF
sessions at the Chicago IETF. Up to now we received two such proposals,
which are listed at http://www3.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/wiki

XSD for accessing SMIv2 data models (xsdmi) BOF 
Status: request submitted including proposed WG charter 
Discussions: NETCONF WG list [email-masked] 
Responsible AD: Dan Romascanu 
BOF Chair: David Harrington ([email-masked]) 
Internet-Drafts: 
draft-romascanu-netconf-datatypes-02 (XSD for SMIv2 Data Types and
Textual Conventions) 
draft-li-ngo-access-mib-01 (SMIv2 Data Access for NETCONF) 
Summary and Scope: Future WG Formation - The XSDMI WG will undertake the
following work items: 
(A) Development of a standard XML Schema Definition [XSD] to specify the
XML encoding of the core SMIv2 data types defined in RFC2578. 
(B) Development of a standard XML Schema Definition [XSD] to specify the
XML encoding of some generic and common SMIv2 textual conventions, as
identified at http://www.ops.ietf.org/mib-common-tcs.html. 
(C) Definition of a standard set of security requirements for accessing
MIB management data by potentially multiple protocols. 
(D) Development of a standard set of algorithms for accessing SMIv2
management information, possibly using the NETCONF <get> operation
and/or <notification> data delivery mechanism. 

Applications Performance Management (APM) BOF 
Status - request submitted 
Discussions - OPS Area list [email-masked] 
Responsible AD: Dan Romascanu 
BOF Chairs: Alan Clark ([email-masked]) and Al Morton
([email-masked]) 
Internet-Drafts: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-performance-metrics-06.t
xt 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-venna-ippm-app-loss-metrics-00 
Summary and Scope: examination of a perceived gap in the development of
performance metrics for application-layer protocols that can be used to
characterize traffic on live networks 
Comparison of Possible Solutions: 
APM Directorate (with working process) 
APM WG (with charter and working process) 

These proposals are not yet approved. The IESG and IAB will meet on 5/29
to discuss them and the final decision will be made by 6/11. I suggest
that the authors post the detailed BOF requests and that they are
discussed on separate threads on this list ([email-masked]). 

Dan

_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area

---

From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 11:30:53 -0400

Hi,

The XSD for SMIv2 proposal says discussion should occur on the netconf
WG mailing list. I believe that is not the right choice because the
netconf WG is about the netconf protocol, while this proposal is about
translting SMIv2 to XSD.  Discussion should happen on the OPS Area
list [email-masked].

Thanks,
dbh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 2:45 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [OPS-AREA] Two BOF proposals for the Chicago IETF
>