Subject: [OPS-AREA] FW: Internal WG Review: Recharter of Common Control and Measurement Plane WG (ccamp)

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:06:05 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: IESG Secretary [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:15 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Adrian Farrel; Deborah Brungard
Subject: Internal WG Review: Recharter of Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) 

A new charter for the Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp)
working group in the Routing Area of the IETF is being considered.  
The draft charter is provided below for your review and comment.
 
The IETF Secretariat

+++

--------------------------------------------

Last Modified: 2007-10-05

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Deborah Brungard <[email-masked]>

Routing Area Director(s):
Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
David Ward <[email-masked]>

Routing Area Advisor:
Ross Callon <[email-masked]>

Technical Advisor(s):
Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe ccamp
Archive: https://ops.ietf.org/lists/ccamp

Description of Working Group:

OLD
The CCAMP working group coordinates the work within the IETF defining a
common control plane and a separate common measurement plane for
physical path and core tunneling technologies of Internet and telecom
service providers (ISPs and SPs), e.g. O-O and O-E-O optical switches,
ATM and Frame Relay switches, MPLS, GRE, in cooperation with the MPLS
WG.

NEW
The CCAMP working group coordinates the work within the IETF defining a
common control plane and a separate common measurement plane for
physical path and core tunneling technologies of Internet and telecom
service providers (ISPs and SPs), e.g. O-O and O-E-O optical switches,
TDM switches, Ethernet switches, ATM and Frame Relay switches, IP
encapsulation tunneling technologies, and MPLS in cooperation with the
MPLS WG.

===

New paragraph in the list of Scope bullets.
Suggest to place it after:
"- Definition of MIB modules and other OAM techniques relevant to the
protocols and extensions specified within the WG."
and before:
"CCAMP WG currently works on the following tasks:"

- Work on traffic-engineering GMPLS mechanisms and protocol extensions
to support source-controlled and explicitly-routed Ethernet data paths
for Ethernet data planes that are already approved by an SDO with
responsibility for the Ethernet data plane. It is expected that the
primary SDO in this case is the IEEE. Note that the specification or
modification of Ethernet data planes is out of scope.

===

Final paragraph

OLD
In doing this work, the WG will work closely with at least the following
other WGs: MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, IDR, L1VPN and PCE. The WG will also
cooperate with the ITU-T.

NEW
In doing this work, the WG will work closely with at least the following
other WGs: MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, IDR, L1VPN, and PCE. The WG will also
cooperate with the ITU-T and the IEEE 802.1.

===

Milestone revisions (see below for full revised milestone list)

OLD
Jan 2006 First version WG I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN NEW Sep
2007 First version WG I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN
---
OLD
Mar 2006 First version WG I-D GMPLS OAM Requirements NEW Sep 2007 First
version WG I-D GMPLS OAM Requirements
---
OLD
Apr 2006 First version of WG I-D for additional MIB module to cover
RSVP-TE signaling extensions NEW Nov 2007 First version of WG I-D for
additional MIB module to cover RSVP-TE signaling extensions
---
OLD
Jun 2006 Submit Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain issues
for disjoint and protected paths for IESG review NEW Oct 2007 Submit
Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain issues for disjoint and
protected paths for IESG review
---
OLD
Oct 2006 Submit MPLS to GMPLS migration strategies I-D for IESG review
NEW Sep 2007 Submit MPLS-TE to GMPLS migration strategies I-D for IESG
review
---
OLD
Nov 2006 Submit ASON Routing solutions I-D for IESG review NEW Jan 2008
Submit ASON Routing solutions I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
Dec 2006 Submit Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region Networks
I-D for IESG review NEW Oct 2007 Submit Requirements for Multi-Layer and
Multi-Region Networks I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
Jan 2007 Submit MPLS-GMPLS interworking requirements and solutions I-D
for IESG review NEW Sep 2007 Submit MPLS-TE/GMPLS interworking
requirements I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
Feb 2007 Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN for IESG
review NEW Oct 2007 Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN
for IESG review
---
OLD
Mar 2007 Submit OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module for MIB doctor and IESG review
NEW Dec 2007 Submit OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module for MIB doctor and IESG
review
---
OLD
Jun 2007 Submit GMPLS OAM Requirements I-D for IESG review NEW Feb 2008
Submit GMPLS OAM Requirements I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
Aug 2007 Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for IESG review NEW
Mar 2008 Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
Dec 2007 Submit MIB module for RSVP-TE signaling extensions for MIB
doctor and IESG review NEW Apr 2008 Submit MIB module for RSVP-TE
signaling extensions for MIB doctor and IESG review
---
OLD
Dec 2007 Recharter or close Working Group NEW Dec 2008 Recharter or
close Working Group
---
NEW
Oct 2007 First version WG I-Ds for GMPLS source-controlled and
explicitly-routed Ethernet networks
---
NEW
Sep 2008 Submit protocol extensions for GMPLS source-controlled and
explicitly-routed Ethernet networks for IESG review

====

Goals and Milestones (full revised milestone list)

Done Post strawman WG goals and charter
Done Identify and document a limited set of candidate solutions for
signalling and for measurement. Among candidate control solutions to be
considered are the existing GMPLS drafts.
Done Build appropriate design teams
Done Submit WG document defining path setup portions of common control
plane protocol Done Submit WG document defining common measurement plane
protocol Done Submit LMP MIB to IESG Done Submit protection &
restoration documents to IESG Done Submit ASON signaling requirements
doc to IESG Done Submit GMPLS MIBs to IESG Done Produce CCAMP WG
document for generic tunnel tracing protocol Done Produce CCAMP WG
document for multi-area/AS signaling and routing Done Submit ASON
routing requirements doc to IESG Done Submit revised charter and
milestones to IESG for IESG consideration of more detailed deliverables
and determination of usefulness of continuation of WG Done First version
WG I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in ISIS and OSPF Done First
version WG I-D for Automatic discovery of MPLS-TE mesh membership Done
Submit ASON Routing evaluation I-D for IESG review Done Cross-WG review
of I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in ISIS and OSPF Done First
version WG I-D MPLS to GMPLS migration strategies Done First version WG
I-D Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi- Region Networks Done First
version WG I-D for Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN Done
First version of WG I-D for ASON Routing solutions Done Submit RSVP-TE
extensions for inter-domain signaling I-D for IESG review Done Submit
Per-domain path computation signaling I-D for IESG review Done First
version of WG I-D for OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module Done Submit GMPLS
signaling in support of Call Management I-D for IESG review Done First
version WG Informational I-D for Analysis of inter- domain issues for
disjoint and protected paths Done Submit I-D for Advertising TE Node
Capabilities in ISIS and OSPF for IESG review Done Submit GMPLS/ASON
lexicography I-D for IESG review Done First version WG I-D MPLS-GMPLS
interworking requirements and solutions Done Submit LSP Stitching I-D
for IESG review Done Submit I-D for Automatic discovery of MPLS-TE mesh
membership for IESG review Done Submit GMPLS routing and signaling
interoperability advice I-D for IESG review Sep 2007 First version WG
I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN Sep 2007 First version WG I-D
GMPLS OAM Requirements Sep 2007 Submit MPLS-TE to GMPLS migration
strategies I-D for IESG review Sep 2007 Submit MPLS-TE/GMPLS
interworking requirements I-D for IESG review Oct 2007 First version WG
I-Ds for GMPLS source-controlled and explicitly-routed Ethernet networks
Oct 2007 Submit Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain issues
for disjoint and protected paths for IESG review Oct 2007 Submit
Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region Networks I-D for IESG
review Oct 2007 Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN for
IESG review Nov 2007 First version of WG I-D for additional MIB module
to cover RSVP-TE signaling extensions Dec 2007 Submit OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB
module for MIB doctor and IESG review Jan 2008 Submit ASON Routing
solutions I-D for IESG review Feb 2008 Submit GMPLS OAM Requirements I-D
for IESG review Mar 2008 Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for
IESG review Apr 2008 Submit MIB module for RSVP-TE signaling extensions
for MIB doctor and IESG review Sep 2008 Submit protocol extensions for
GMPLS source-controlled and explicitly-routed Ethernet networks for IESG
review Dec 2008 Recharter or close Working Group

_______________________________________________
OPS-AREA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-area