Subject: [OPS-AREA] Anouncing new Sip-Ops mailing list

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:13:44 -0600

We have set up a new list for discussion of SIP Operational issues.  
You can subscribe at

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-ops

The purpose of the SIP-Ops mailing list is to discuss issues and
requirements related to operating a SIP domain, which may drive the
need for IETF standardization or Best-Common-Practice documentation.
For example, issues or needs related to troubleshooting, diagnostics,
security, and administration relating to operating a SIP domain would
be candidates for this list. This is not a list to ask questions
about implementing current standards, nor about specific
product/vendor issues. Issues related to peering between domains are
more appropriate for discussion in SPEERMINT.

Thanks to Victor and Hadriel for running the list.

Cullen <RAI AD>

PS - if you reply to this email, please trim the WGs on the too line  
appropriate. We don't need threads cross posted to several mailing  
lists.

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:25:19 +0200

I would like to encourage the principal contributors in the Operations
and Management Area who are interested in the work done in RAI to
subscribe and contribute to this list. As the work resulting from the
discussions on SIP-OPS may end by being done in RAI or OPS (or other
areas) the clear need is for such work to be consistent with the other
IETF operational practices and network management framework, and also to
make use wherever appropriate of existing protocols and tools. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 10:14 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
> [email-masked]; sipping
> Cc: Romascanu, Dan (Dan); Robert Sparks
> Subject: Anouncing new Sip-Ops mailing list 
> 
> 
> The purpose of the SIP-Ops mailing list is to discuss issues 
> and requirements related to operating a SIP domain, which may 
> drive the need for IETF standardization or 
> Best-Common-Practice documentation.
> For example, issues or needs related to troubleshooting, 
> diagnostics, security, and administration relating to 
> operating a SIP domain would be candidates for this list. 
> This is not a list to ask questions about implementing 
> current standards, nor about specific product/vendor issues. 
> Issues related to peering between domains are more 
> appropriate for discussion in SPEERMINT.
> 
> PS - if you reply to this email, please trim the WGs on the 
> too line appropriate. We don't need threads cross posted to 
> several mailing lists.
> 
> 
>