Subject: [OPS-AREA] draft-claise-structured-data-in-ipfix-01

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:43:14 +0200

Dear all,

A new version of the IPFIX structured is in the process of being posted 
(manual post requested)
Note: as requested by Dan in the OPS-AREA meeting minutes, I'll include 
OPS-AREA in the email

Most of the points discussed during both the IPFIX and OPS-AREA meetings 
were addressed.
- more justifications why we need this structured data type and why 
appropriate protocols are not suitable
- less focus on security. More example related to IPFIX, such as list of 
interfaces in a multicast flow, such as the MPLS label stack entry,
- discussion about the recursive structured data
- connection with the current IPFIX mediation function work.
- connection with the one-way delay export, specified in PSAMP
- Example of an aggregated observation point in a mediation function, 
which might be needed as a scope in an options template record
- etc...

As always, your feedback is welcome

Regards, Benoit.