Subject: [OPS-AREA] Suggested corrections to OPS wiki page

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:32:27 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

The first column of the following

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/misc/outcomes/wiki/IetfOperations

describes SMIv1.  In order for this to reflect the SMIv1 that was 
widely adopted and practiced (and the one listed under STD0016 and 
in our older MIB boilerplate), the RFCs column should show 1155, 
1212, and 1215, and the "Date Issued" should show 1991.  Also, the 
"Years to Develop" should be bumped from 2 to 3 (noting that RFC 
1065 was published in 1988, that may understate the development 
time, but I don't know enough of the history to be sure).

Also, would it be appropriate to show the '>' symbol ("prompted 
extensive derivative work") for both SMIv1 and SNMPv1, since these 
led directly to SMIv2 and SNMPv3 respectively?

Mike Heard

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:28:03 -0500 (EST)

The first page claims the IETF has operated in its current form since 
1989, but the ISOC was incorporated in 1992.  Please explain this.

		--Dean

-- 
Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?
www.av8.net         faster, more reliable, better service
617 256 5494