Subject: Re: [OPS-AREA] [OPSAWG] Preliminary OPSAWG agenda.

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 01:50:12 +0100

Randy,

I changed the mailer from opsawg to ops-area, where the discussion takes 
place.

I understand from your comment below that you support the statement at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ops-area/current/msg01115.html. 
This is great, and was expected btw :-)

I have no intention to replay history (ideally, I don't even want to 
discuss this topic during the OPS-AREA meeting), but I want to carve 
this in stone with an IESG statement.

Believe it or not, we still see some development of writable MIB modules 
in the IETF.

Regards, Benoit

> warren and any other friendly opsawg chairs:
>
> i have been told that you are actually wasting air time discussing snmp
> write for configuration of devices.  i thought we had and finished that
> discussion over a decade ago at ietf 51 in london.  we were in a large
> room with many operators, and i asked all those operators who had snmp
> write enabled to raise their hands.  zero, count them zero, hands went
> up.  this resulted in the formation of the interminable netconf effort.
>
> and i have the tee shirt, see <http://archive.psg.com/140215.cli-tee/>
>
> just because we're going to be back in london does not mean we need to
> replay history.
>
> randy
>
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>