Subject: [OPSAWG] pattern bugs in smi-datatypes-in-xsd-03

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:06:47 +0200

Hi

The pattern for the ObjectIdentifier type is wrong. It fails to
recognize the OID 1.3.6.1 due to missing parenthesis.

OLD

       "([0-1](\.[1-3]?[0-9]))|(2.(0|([1-9]\d*)))
       (\.(0|([1-9]\d*))){0,126}"/>

NEW

       "(([0-1](\.[1-3]?[0-9]))|(2.(0|([1-9]\d*))))
       (\.(0|([1-9]\d*))){0,126}"/>

The pattern for the IpAddress type is wrong. It fails to recognize
the IP address 192.0.2.1.

OLD

       "((0|1[0-9]{0,2}|2([0-4][0-9]?|5[0-5]?|[6-9])?|[3-9][0-9]?)\.){3}
       (0|1[0-9]{0,2}|2([0-4][0-9]?|5[0-5]?|[6-9])?|[3-9][0-9]?)"

NEW

       "((0|(1[0-9]{0,2})|(2(([0-4][0-9]?)|(5[0-5]?)|([6-9]?)))|([3-9][0-9]?))\.){3}
        (0|(1[0-9]{0,2})|(2(([0-4][0-9]?)|(5[0-5]?)|([6-9]?)))|([3-9][0-9]?))"

These fixes will also appear in the upcoming YANG types document and
the final version of the NMRG SNMP trace format document. I am
reporting this here for review and to ensure the documents stay
consistent.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:50:53 -0400

Thanks, Juergen.

Will make these edits in draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-04.txt,
along with a couple of wording clarifications suggested by Mark Ellison
and David Harrington.

I should be able to post the -04 of that version over the weekend...got
a note from the Secretariat the other day suggesting that certain
problems I had been experiencing with the submission tool were now
resolved.

Cheers,
BobN

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Juergen Schoenwaelder
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 4:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] pattern bugs in smi-datatypes-in-xsd-03

Hi

OLD

NEW

OLD

NEW

"((0|(1[0-9]{0,2})|(2(([0-4][0-9]?)|(5[0-5]?)|([6-9]?)))|([3-9][0-9]?))
\.){3}

/js