Subject: [OPSAWG] InetAddress in http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-10.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:25:44 +0200

FYI, and somehow related with OPSAWG (and NETMOD) discussions we had in
Dublin. The Internet-Draft
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-10.
txt which is on the agenda of this week IESG telechat for approval as
Proposed Standard defines an XML representation of InetAddress as part
of the definition of a data model for traceroute results.

Any comments or concerns?  

Dan
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:27:43 +0200

> of the definition of a data model for traceroute results.

I don't think this document tries to provide an XML representation of
RFC4001's InetAddress. As stated in section 5.1, the document only
imports "allowed values" but then pretty much changes InetAddress
semantics to fit the specific needs of this document.

Whether the IP address pattern are correct I can't tell; it seems they
are different from what is found in other places.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg