Subject: [OPSAWG] WG adoption of SNMP <-> SYSLOG mapping documents

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:05:00 +0100

Hi,

the chairs of this WG need to decide whether there is support for
adopting (a) a document defining a new SD-ID to represent SNMP
notifications in SYSLOG [1] and (b) a document defining a MIB module
representing SYSLOG messages [2]. For an overview, see the
presentation slides form the Dublin meeting [3].

I believe that the documents are already pretty mature and can likely
go through the WG relatively quickly. There has been quite some
support for this work in Dublin and Rainer Gerhards expressed his
support on the list. I am aware that some people did contact the
chairs directly expressing their support but it might make things
easier to move this forward if people can actually express their
support here.

Thanks,

/js

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marinov-syslog-snmp-02 
    (15 pages)
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schoenw-syslog-msg-mib-01 
    (18 pages)
[3] http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/slides/opsawg-1.pdf

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:45:48 +0100

> easier to move this forward if people can actually express their

Hi all,

I think this work should proceed and would welcome seeing this WG taking them 
on.

Cheers,

David

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:17:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I support the adoption of these documents in the OPSAWG.

/martin

---

From: "Alexander Clemm (alex)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:38:05 -0800

I believe I mentioned this before to the chairs, but for what it's
worth, I'll state it here again "publicly" that I strongly support this
work.  I believe solutions for this issue are needed and think it would
be best to have solutions that are championed by the WG.  

Regards
--- Alex 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Juergen Schoenwaelder
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] WG adoption of SNMP <-> SYSLOG mapping documents

Hi,

Thanks,

/js