Subject: [OPSAWG] FW: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOGMessages to Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)Notifications' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:10:33 +0200

Congratulations to the editors, chairs and the whole WG for the approval
of this document. 

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 6:40 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; RFC Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping
SYSLOGMessages to Simple Network Management Protocol
(SNMP)Notifications' to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for Mapping SYSLOG Messages to Simple 
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Notifications '
   <draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-msg-mib-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-syslog-msg-mib-06.
txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it defines a mapping of SYSLOG messages to Simple
   Network Management Protocol (SNMP) notifications.

Working Group Summary

   There was consensus in the working group to publish these documents.

Document Quality

   SNMP and SYSLOG are widely used and deployed. The document was 
   reviewed in the Working Group and by MIB DOctors. 

Personnel

   Scott Bradner is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce