Subject: [OPSAWG] revised OAM Acronym ID

From: [email-masked] (Scott O. Bradner)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:01:52 -0400 (EDT)

a revised draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def has been published

anyone who made comments on the previous version please take a look
at this one in the next day or two to see if your issues were addressed

tnx

Scott

-----
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : "The use of the OAM Acronym in MPLS-TP"
	Author(s)       : L. Andersson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2010-04-30

At first glance the acronym "OAM" seems to be well known and well
understood.  Looking at the acronym a bit more closely reveals a set
of recurring problems that are revisited time and again.  The goal of
this document is to find an understanding of the OAM acronym that is
useful for the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) effort.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and PWE3 architectures to support the
capabilities and functionalities of a packet transport network.

This Informational Internet-Draft is aimed at achieving IETF
Consensus before publication as an RFC and will be subject to an IETF
Last Call.

[RFC Editor, please remove this note before publication as an RFC and
insert the correct Streams Boilerplate to indicate that the published
RFC has IETF Consensus.]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def-04.txt