Subject: [OPSAWG] Errata 1928 on RFC 5676

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:40:57 +0200

OPSAWG,

Please provide your recommendation on errata 1928 on RFC 5676.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:05:34 +0200

> Please provide your recommendation on errata 1928 on RFC 5676.

I agree with the first problem description. But I note that the same
problem applies to DateAndTime as defined in RFC 2579. I guess the
solution is simply to agree that the max. year is wrong and really is
limited to 32767 (I guess I have retired by then) in both documents.

For the microseconds part, the rendering behaviour is really odd. I
would rather get rid of the DISPLAY-HINT in favour of getting a
rendering that is not unnecessarily confusing people.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>