Subject: [OPSAWG] New draft posted draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib-03

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:46:09 +0200

Dear all,

As discussed during the last IETF meeting, we have posted a new version 
of the "Power and Energy Monitoring" draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib-03

In this new version, we have:
- clarified the terminology
- highlighted that we want to solve more use cases that the ones 
described in 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-quittek-power-monitoring-requirements-00
- better justified the parent/child relationship, based on the different 
use cases.
- put some more text in the concepts explanation: power monitor meter 
domain, power monitor context, usage measurement
     For example, we introduced the notion of importance and keywords
- kept the notion of power level, but also introduced the notion of user 
defined power level, with the potential mapping between the two level series
- introduced a pointer to the LLDP and LDPP MED MIBs, if suppported 
(pmLldpPortNumber with the new LldpPortNumberOrZero TC)
- better clarified the link with the UPS MIB
- introduced a new MIB module regarding the power quality, based on the 
IEC data model.

We have also improved the draft based on Juergen's feedback in 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/opsawg/current/msg00974.html.

Enjoy.
Your feedback is welcome.

Regards, John, Brad, Mouli, and Benoit.