Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib-03

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:35:59 +0200

Within Schneider Electric, we have reviewed this proposal and came to the
hereunder conclusions :

This proposal makes sense, and can address potentially many needs, current
or future.
Its real value is that energy efficiency is considered as the global need
to answer to much more ambitious than just fixing the question of
retrieving energy measurement from a SNMP server.

Four real unique features are of high interest :
      hierarchy and aggregation capabilities -> this will make this
      proposal really efficient in monitoring energy flows, from the source
      down to the load (or reverse)
      Single phase to 3 phase modelling capabilities -> not restricted to
      the single phase load, but able to montitor more advanced and high
      level power networks
      include of the most of advanced energy calculation methods
      parameters, and then improving real interoperability at application
      level
      A specific focus on electrical meaning of the selected measurement by
      cross referencing MIB content to IEC 61850 data naming : a well-aware
      and even increasing IEC standard used for monitoring electrical
      network

Some points of improvements have been raised directly to the author.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Laurent GUISE | Schneider Electric | Power Business | Standardisation
director