Subject: [OPSAWG] Next steps with draft-ietf-opsawg-mpls-tp-oam-def

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:25:08 +0100

Hi OPSAWG,

I am the Responsible AD for taking this I-D through the IETF last call and 
IESG evaluation process.

This draft passed working group and IETF last call and has been discussed by 
the IESG. During the IESG evaluation a question was raised about the scope 
of the document. In particular, the authors were asked to clarify whether 
this document was intended to apply to all uses of the OAM acronym in the 
IETF, or whether it was strictly limited to the use of OAM in the MPLS-TP 
work. The IESG felt that the current document text attempts to strongly 
influence the IETF-wide behavior while being an Informational document that 
describes the use of the acronym in the MPLS-TP project. The IESG considered 
this to be sitting on the fence and asked the authors to polarise the 
document one way or the other.

Either change would be a considerable modification to the text that would be 
larger than reasonable at this stage in the publication process.

Consequently, I am returning the document to the working group. I understand 
that the authors have decided on the way they wish to take the document 
forward, and I look forward to seeing a new publication request in the near 
future.

(The document will show up in the Data Tracker in "AD is Watching" state. 
This is a quirk of the process, and when a new publication request is issued 
by the WG, normal business will resume.)

Thanks,
Adrian