Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5935 (2477)

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:31:44 -0400

Hi,
 
does this modify an IANA request?
If so, make sure IANA modifies the regsitry to match.
 
dbh

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:31 AM
To: Mark Ellison; RFC Errata System
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5935 (2477)

Looks OK to me. Unless somebody objects on the opsawg list in the next
few days I will approve this resolution. 
 
Thanks and Regards,
 
Dan

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Mark Ellison
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:46 PM
To: RFC Errata System
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Romascanu, Dan (Dan);
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5935 (2477)

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for calling this errata on RFC 5935 to our attention.  As
one of the authors of this RFC, I concur with your suggested change to
Section 7, page 11.

If there are no objections from others, I recommend transitioning this
errata submission to 'verified'.

Regards,

Mark

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 6:55 AM, RFC Errata System
<[email-masked]> wrote:

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5935,
"Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema Definition Language".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5935
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5935&eid=2477>
&eid=2477

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 7, pg.11

Original Text
-------------
  In accordance with RFC 3688 [RFC3688], the IANA XML registry has
been
  updated with the following namespace and schema registrations
  associated with this document:

  o  urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:smi:base:1.0

|  o  urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:base:1.0

Corrected Text
--------------
  In accordance with RFC 3688 [RFC3688], the IANA XML registry has
been
  updated with the following namespace and schema registrations
  associated with this document:

  o  urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:smi:base:1.0

|  o  urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:smi:base:1.0

Notes
-----
Rationale: "smi:" component missing in schema registration;
 Section 7.2 provides the correct URI.
 The registry entry at IANA is correct as well.

Remark:
 Also, the ASCII transliteration of the last name of the submitter
 of this note is misspelled in the last paragraph of Section 8.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary.

--------------------------------------
RFC5935 (draft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Expressing SNMP SMI Datatypes in XML Schema
Definition Language
Publication Date    : August 2010
Author(s)           : M. Ellison, B. Natale
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Operations and Management Area Working Group
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG