Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode in claise-energy-monitoring-mib-04

From: "Brad Schoening -X (braschoe - Piepeople Consulting, Inc. at Cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:03:02 -0500

Minoru,

You raise a good point. Our current model only provides for a single
measurement type per pmIndex.  If there is consensus that we should
allow multiple modes, it should just required adding an additional
column into the pmDemandEnergyTable to represent the mode.

We can consider looking into this for the next revision of the MIB.

Regards,

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 8:45 PM
To: Benoit Claise (bclaise); [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode in
claise-energy-monitoring-mib-04

Dear Benoit,

[My apologies for if this is a repost. Previous posting seems to have
failed.]
I had a question about how to use pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode.
We have already talked the question about it in Maastricht, but I am not
sure I understand it.
In pmDemandEnergyParametersTable, are pmIndex and
pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode the one-on-one relationships?
I assume that there may be the case that both 'period' and 'total' are
necessary at an object of 'PmIndex'.

        pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          INTEGER  {
                              period(1),
                              sliding(2),
                              total(3)
                          }

Don't we need to define two or more modes of
pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode in one object?

Best regards,
Minoru
_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:02:41 +0200

Minoru,

[copying [email-masked], which should be used for energy management 
discussion

The use case for two pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode you have in 
mind is: period and total?
Note: we added some explanatory text about 
pmDemandEnergyParametersIntervalMode for the coming draft version

Regards, Benoit.