Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-ersue-opsawg-management-fw-02 -> IPPM question

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:34:16 -0800

Hi Henk, Matt, Al,

In 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ersue-opsawg-management-fw-02#section-3.10.1, 
I see

    The IPPM working group has defined metrics for accurately measuring
    and reporting the quality, performance, and reliability of Internet
    data delivery_services_.  The metrics include connectivity, one-way
    delay and loss, round-trip delay and loss, delay variation, loss
    patterns, packet reordering, bulk transport capacity, and link
    bandwidth capacity.

I'm wondering if service is the right word.
As you probably know, there are many discussions around:
	what's a service?
	what's an application?
	what's a protocol?

I would prefer to use "service classes" instead of "services". However, I defer to you guys.
Note: the IPPM charter speaks of "service classes"

Regards, Benoit.