Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] WGLC on shared transition space

From: "Morris, Tina L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 12:31:27 -0400

I am in support of this draft 100%, as previously stated this will in no way diminish our efforts to move to IPv6, however it does provide the extra IP space required to fully implement CGN which will be required during the IPv4/IPv6 transition phase.  This will help us manage IPv4 exhaustion, and continue to provide services in a dual stack environment.

Without this  policy and the space it provides, it seems clear that some will develop an internal solution using bogon space which could be more problematic in the long run for everyone.

Tina Morris

________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it.

---

From: "Lee Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 13:19:13 -0400

I've stated my support several times, but to be on the record:
draft-weil-opsawg-provider-address-space is necessary, and accurately
describes what needs to happen.

The use case is not to bail out providers.  Even if I deploy IPv6 to 100% of
my users, they still have home electronics that don't speak IPv6, and need
to connect to endpoints that don't speak IPv6.  

Lee

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Morris, Tina L.
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:31 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] WGLC on shared transition space

I am in support of this draft 100%, as previously stated this will in no way
diminish our efforts to move to IPv6, however it does provide the extra IP
space required to fully implement CGN which will be required during the
IPv4/IPv6 transition phase.  This will help us manage IPv4 exhaustion, and
continue to provide services in a dual stack environment.  

Without this  policy and the space it provides, it seems clear that some
will develop an internal solution using bogon space which could be more
problematic in the long run for everyone.

Tina Morris

________________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it.