Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:33:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : CGN Deployment with BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)       : Victor Kuarsingh
                          John Cianfarani
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-05-14

   This document specifies a framework to integrate a Network Address
   Translation layer into an operator's network to function as a Carrier
   Grade NAT (also known as CGN or Large Scale NAT).  CGN is a concept
   also described in [I-D.ietf-behave-lsn-requirements] and describes
   the model as a dual layer translation model.  Although operators may
   wish to deploy IPv6 to strategically overcome IPv4 exhaustion, near
   term needs may not be satisfied with an IPv6 deployment alone.  This
   document provides a practical integration model which allows CGN to
   be integrated into the network meeting the connectivity needs of the
   customer while being mindful of not disrupting existing services and
   meeting the technical challenges that CGN brings.  The model includes
   the use of BGP/MPLS IP VPNs defined in [RFC4364] as a tool to achieve
   this goal.  This document does not intend to defend the merits of
   CGN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment/

---

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 09:36:05 -0400

WG,

I am looking to make improvements and mature this draft with the
assistance of the working group.

As a start, I was thinking that the current section 7 (labeled
performance) should be replaced with references to other documents which
cover this topic.  When we/I first started this draft, there was far less
reference material, so inclusion was made directly into this document.

Any nay or ayes on this approach?

Again this draft was less about CGN/NAT444 justification and more about
how to implement it with BGP/MPLS IP VPNs (RFC4364).

Other comments welcome.

Document Reference:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00

Regards,

Victor K

On 12-05-15 12:33 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories. This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management
>Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.
>
>_______________________________________________
>OPSAWG mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg