Subject: [OPSAWG] Fwd: Volunteering for nomcom and registrations

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 21:54:54 -0800

Please give serious consideration to volunteering for nomcom.
I know a lot of you would like to make a contribution to the
IETF that has a lasting impact.  Ultimately it's all about
documents and the technical work, but our processes need to
support quality technical work, and nomcom participation is
one way to contribute to that.

Melinda

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Volunteering for nomcom and registrations
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:09:10 +0300
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>

I wanted to highlight that we have an ongoing call for nominating
committee (nomcom) volunteers. Allison Mankin, chair of the 2013-2014
nominating committee, has told us that she would like to see more
volunteers. The nomcom appoints people to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG each year. The ten members of the nomcom are
randomly selected from the pool of volunteers to perform this important
task. It is important that the pool is large enough to ensure that we
get a representative sample of people from the IETF.

You can volunteer by sending e-mail to Allison before 11:59 pm EDT June
16, 2013. The details are at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg11493.html

Also, based on a request from Allison, we have added an option to
volunteer while you are registering to the Berlin meeting. You can
register at http://www.ietf.org/meeting/register.html If you select to
volunteer here, Allison will contact you. Either way, volunteers must
have attended three out of the last five meetings (IETF 82-86).

Alternatively, please consider serving in the positions that nomcom
selects. If you are considering doing this, you should not volunteer for
duty on the nomcom itself, however. In any case, please consider helping
with some of these tasks. And while you are at it, please also register
for IETF-87 in Berlin!

Jari Arkko
IETF chair