Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:21:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : CGN Deployment with BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)       : Victor Kuarsingh
                          John Cianfarani
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-06-27

Abstract:
   This document specifies a framework to integrate a Network Address
   Translation layer into an operator's network to function as a Carrier
   Grade NAT (also known as CGN or Large Scale NAT).  The CGN
   infrastructure will often form a NAT444 environment as the subscriber
   home network will likely also maintain a subscriber side NAT
   function.  Exhaustion of the IPv4 address pool is a major driver
   compelling some operators to implement CGN.  Although operators may
   wish to deploy IPv6 to strategically overcome IPv4 exhaustion, near
   term needs may not be satisfied with an IPv6 deployment alone.  This
   document provides a practical integration model which allows the CGN
   platform to be integrated into the network meeting the connectivity
   needs of the subscriber while being mindful of not disrupting
   existing services and meeting the technical challenges that CGN
   brings.  The model included in this document utilizes BGP/MPLS IP
   VPNs which allow for virtual routing separation helping ease the CGNs
   impact on the network.  This document does not intend to defend the
   merits of CGN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:26:24 -0800

As we discussed at the last meeting, we'd like to move this
version towards working group last call.  Please give this
a read with that in mind, and provide feedback to the mailing
list.

Melinda

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-03.txt
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:21:20 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working
Group Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg