Subject: [OPSAWG] Fwd: IETF Mentor Program

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:45:40 -0800

The IETF is experimenting with a new mentoring program.  If you're
a long-time IETF participant and are nomcom-eligible, please give
some thought to volunteering to be a mentor.  If you're a new
IETF participant (you've attended fewer than three meetings),
please consider asking to be paired with a mentor.  If this
works out it could be an excellent mechanism for helping newer
participants be more successful in the IETF.

Melinda

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IETF Mentor Program
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:39:36 -0700
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

    Based on discussions during IETF 86, we are trialing an IETF
mentoring program.  During this trial period, we would like to pair
newcomers (people who have attended 3 or fewer meetings or have
registered as students) with existing IETF participants.  The goal is to
provide a resource for the newcomer who can assist them with integrating
into the IETF community.  Mentors and newcomers will be paired prior to
IETF 87.

    What we need is for people to volunteer to be mentors. As a mentor,
we would ask that you be willing to assist your mentoring participant
before, during, and (hopefully) after IETF 87.  The actual level of
interaction will be driven by an agreement between the mentor and the
mentoring participant. Additionally, we would need a brief description
of your areas of expertise, technical interests, and conversational
languages.

    A description of the Mentor Program (including a FAQ describing
how to volunteer to be a mentor) is available:

http://www.ietf.org/resources/mentoring-program.html.

    Anyone interested in being a mentor should follow the sign-up
instructions contained in the above URL.  The more volunteers we have,
the stronger the program will be!

Regards,
IETF Chair