Subject: [OPSAWG] Network Configuration Negotiation

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:31:47 +1300

It's a bit close to Vancouver, but could people have a look at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jiang-config-negotiation-ps/ ?

The idea is to establish a problem statement for distributed autonomous
configuration of multiple aspects of networks, in particular carrier networks.
In a sense it's a next step beyond draft-boucadair-network-automation-requirements.
We'd like to get away from top-down human-intensive configuration.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:48:51 -0800

> We'd like to get away from top-down human-intensive configuration.

Longer term, are you interested in seeing it adopted by opsawg,
or are you asking for review for an individual submission,
another working group, ... ?

Melimda

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 08:07:36 +1300

Melinda,

> another working group, ... ?

I think our minds are fairly open at the moment, but opsawg seems
like a reasonable venue for the problem statement, if people agree
that there's a problem. Needless to say we have ideas for the solution
space, which might require the BOF/WG route, but it's too soon to discuss
that.

Thanks
    Brian