Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 07:35:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP
        Authors         : Rong Zhang
                          Zhen Cao
                          Hui Deng
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Li Xue
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-09-08

Abstract:
   Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) defines a
   specification to encapsulate a station's data frames between the
   Wireless Transmission Point (WTP) and Access Controller (AC).
   Specifically, the station's IEEE 802.11 data frames can be either
   locally bridged or tunneled to the AC.  When tunneled, a CAPWAP data
   channel is used for tunneling.  In many deployments encapsulating
   data frames to an entity other than the AC (for example to an Access
   Router (AR)) is desirable.  Further, it may also be desirable to use
   different tunnel encapsulations to carry the stations' data frames.
   This document provides a specification for this and refers to it as
   Alternate tunnel encapsulation.  The Alternate tunnel encapsulation
   allows 1) the WTP to tunnel non-management data frames to an endpoint
   different from the AC and 2) the WTP to tunnel using one of many
   known encapsulation types such as IP-IP, IP-GRE, CAPWAP.  The WTP may
   advertise support for Alternate tunnel encapsulation during the
   discovery or join process and AC may select one of the supported
   Alternate Tunnel encapsulation types while configuring the WTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/