Subject: [OPSAWG] Ted Lemon's Discuss on draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases-04: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Ted Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 06:41:13 -0800

Ted Lemon has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases-04: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was surprised to see no mention of the specific security requirements
of the various use cases described here.   E.g., the medical use case
makes no mention at all of security.   While in general security is
required in all cases, I think there are differences in the level of
security that is required for the various use cases described here, and I
wonder if the authors considered this, and if so, why it wasn't
mentioned.

I don't necessarily want to delay the document's publication pending a
resolution to this issue, but I'd like to have a quick discussion about
it.