Subject: [OPSAWG] Draft on Effects of Ubiquitous Encryption: pls review & contribute

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:44:05 -0400

Kathleen Moriarty and I put together the draft and are seeking collaboration 
with folks with operations and security expertise to develop it further.  
We intentionally left spaces for contributions from those with expertise 
in the types of monitoring listed (and ones we didn't think of).  
If you have experience with some of the types of monitoring covered and 
the text needs updating, please let us know that as well.

We'd like to consolidate discussion on [email-masked] list.

Here is the link to the new draft:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt/ 

Abstract

   Increased use of encryption will impact operations for security and
   network management causing a shift in how these functions are
   performed.  In some cases, new methods to both monitor and protect
   data will evolve.  In more drastic circumstances, the ability to
   monitor may be eliminated.  This draft includes a collection of
   current security and network management functions that may be
   impacted by the shift to increased use of encryption.  This draft
   does not attempt to solve these problems, but rather document the
   current state to assist in the development of alternate options to
   achieve the intended purpose of the documented practices.

-- 

Thank you,
Al