Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 09:17:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Manufacturer Usage Description Specification
        Authors         : Eliot Lear
                          Ralph Droms
                          Dan Romascanu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-03.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2017-01-05

Abstract:
   This memo specifies the necessary components to implement
   manufacturer usage descriptions (MUD).  This includes two YANG
   modules, IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP options, an LLDP TLV, a URL suffix
   specification, an X.509 certificate extension and a means to sign and
   verify the descriptions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 17:14:31 +0100

Hi everyone,

This draft only has a few changes:

  * Additional IANA assignments;
  * A correction to the YANG ACLDNS model date;
  * A few small clarifications;
  * Mention of TEAP

Regarding coding, we now have code committed into dhcpcd and wireshark,
and there's a pull request on tcpdump so that you can see what you're
doing with the DHCP and X.509 options.  I'll do something about LLDP as
time goes on, but it is possible for a stock lldpd to issue announce
URL.  And of course we have mudmaker for your consideration to make a
MUD file.

More eyes always welcome.

Eliot

On 1/5/17 6:17 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 21:53:25 +0000

Dear WG,

There has been significant interest and support each time these documents
have been presented -- but unfortunately that enthusiasm hasn't converted
into much review and feedback.
Please read and provide Eliot with comments...

W

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> wrote:

>    - Additional IANA assignments;
>    - A correction to the YANG ACLDNS model date;
>    - A few small clarifications;
>    - Mention of TEAP
>
> and there's a pull request on tcpdump so that you can see what you're doing
> with the DHCP and X.509 options.  I'll do something about LLDP as time goes
> on, but it is possible for a stock lldpd to issue announce URL.  And of
> course we have mudmaker for your consideration to make a MUD file.
>
> The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/
>
> There's also a htmlized version available at:https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-03
>
> A diff from the previous version is available at:https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-03
>
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
> OPSAWG mailing [email-masked]://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>
>

---

From: Thorsten Dahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:04:49 +0000

I did provide some direct feedback to Eliot already, and I can say
enthusiastically the current draft looks good to me.

Regards,
Thorsten

-- 
Thorsten Dahm

Network Engineer
Google Ireland Ltd.
The Gasworks, Barrow Street
Dublin 4,  Ireland

Registered in Dublin, Ireland
Registration Number: 368047