Subject: [OPSAWG] Looking for a reviewer for draft-daveor-cgn-logging

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:13:34 -0400

Hi there all,

Nevil Brownlee (the Independent Submissions Editor) is looking for a
few reviewers for the "Approaches to Address the Availability of
Information in Criminal Investigations Involving Large-Scale IP
Address Sharing Technologies" ( draft-daveor-cgn-logging ) document.

The abstract is:
 The use of large-scale IP address sharing technologies (commonly
   known as "carrier-grade NAT") presents a challenge for law
   enforcement agencies due to the fact that incoming source port
   information is not routinely logged by Internet-facing servers.  The
   absence of this information means that it is becoming increasingly
   difficult for law enforcement agencies to identify suspects in
   criminal activity online.  This document considers the reasons why
   source port information is not routinely logged by Internet-facing
   servers and proposes some immediate-term actions that can be taken to
   help improve the situation.  A deployment maturity model has been
   developed and a study of the support for logging incoming source port
   information in common server software is also presented."

I'm looking for some folk to step up an volunteer to help review this
document; if you've be willing to, please let myself, Nevil, or the
whole list know.

Thanks, and much appreciated,
W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf