Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:02:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Service Models Explained
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Will Liu
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-08-24

Abstract:
   The IETF has produced many data modules in the YANG modeling
   language.  The majority of these modules are used to construct data
   models to model devices or monolithic functions.

   A small number of YANG modules have been defined to model services
   (for example, the Layer Three Virtual Private Network Service Model
   produced by the L3SM working group and documented in RFC 8049).

   This document describes service models as used within the IETF, and
   also shows where a service model might fit into a Software Defined
   Networking architecture.  Note that service models do not make any
   assumption of how a service is actually engineered and delivered for
   a customer; details of how network protocols and devices are
   engineered to deliver a service are captured in other models that are
   not exposed through the Customer-Provider Interface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/