Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-15 ACL operators

From: "M. Ranganathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:35:12 -0500

The ACL draft has various operators for ports, including eq, lte, gte

Does a compliant MUD implementation have to support all of these operators?
If ONLY eq is required to be supported (I hope ) , can this be stated in
the draft.

Given that port ranges can be specified I wonder why the other comparison
operators ( should exist but that is more a question for the ACL spec.

Thanks,

Ranga

-- 
M. Ranganathan

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming
must be the process of putting them in.” – Edsger Dijkstra

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:37:43 +0100

On 31.01.18 21:35, M. Ranganathan wrote:
> Does a compliant MUD implementation have to support all of these
> operators? If ONLY eq is required to be supported (I hope ) , can this
> be stated in the draft.

All.  The MUD file augments the acl-model.  We are not varying off the
model in this aspect, nor do we really have a good way to do so.