Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 00:14:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Manufacturer Usage Description Specification
        Authors         : Eliot Lear
                          Ralph Droms
                          Dan Romascanu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-19.txt
	Pages           : 58
	Date            : 2018-04-03

Abstract:
   This memo specifies a component-based architecture for manufacturer
   usage descriptions (MUD).  The goal of MUD is to provide a means for
   Things to signal to the network what sort of access and network
   functionality they require to properly function.  The initial focus
   is on access control.  Later work can delve into other aspects.

   This memo specifies two YANG modules, IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP options, an
   LLDP TLV, a URL, an X.509 certificate extension and a means to sign
   and verify the descriptions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-19
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 09:17:39 +0200

All,

This (hopefully last) addresses concerns raised by the apps area.  It
takes their recommendation to create a reserved space within the MUD-URL
field for the DHCP and LLDP options.  The other choice was to have a
lengthy discussion about BCP-190 during IESG review, and that seemed
counterproductive at this stage.

Regards,

Eliot

On 03.04.18 09:14, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>