Subject: [OPSAWG] Comments on "draft-song-opsawg-ntf"

From: Pedro Martinez-Julia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:16:58 +0900

Dear all,

In support for the adoption of draft-song-opsawg-ntf, being a co-author,
I must remark that as telemetry is gaining momentum in the network and
its management, many solutions arise and together they bring their own
models and protocols for managing the information life-cycle.

Therefore, from my point of view, and I think I do not fail if I include
many others, it is essential to structure both a telemetry framework
that comprises all protocols used today together with a well rounded
architecture that puts them in common, the necessary interfaces to
interconnect architectural elements, and adapters for the protocols that
require them.

In that regard, there are already a multitude of protocols being used to
gather and transport telemetry data so now is the moment to support and
evolve the draft in question, trying to influence those other elements
involved in telemetry and management in order to ensure that integration
has the higher possible level of flexibility and reduced effort.

The framework and its reference architecture are specially important to
allow seamless integration of several elements related to telemetry that
are being worked separately, as otherwise ulterior integration, if
possible, would require a big effort. In this sense, it is specially
relevant to the IETF, which matches this scenario perfectly and thus
will benefit the most from the proposed telemetry framework.

Regards,
Pedro

-- 
Pedro Martinez-Julia
Network Science and Convergence Device Technology Laboratory
Network System Research Institute
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT)
4-2-1, Nukui-Kitamachi, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8795, Japan
Email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------
*** Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem ***