Subject: [OPSAWG] RFC 8520 on Manufacturer Usage Description Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 19:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8520

        Title:      Manufacturer Usage Description Specification 
        Author:     E. Lear,
                    R. Droms,
                    D. Romascanu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Characters: 120849
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8520

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8520

This memo specifies a component-based architecture for Manufacturer
Usage Descriptions (MUDs).  The goal of MUD is to provide a means for
end devices to signal to the network what sort of access and network
functionality they require to properly function.  The initial focus
is on access control.  Later work can delve into other aspects.

This memo specifies two YANG modules, IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP options, a
Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) TLV, a URL, an X.509 certificate
extension, and a means to sign and verify the descriptions.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC