Subject: [OPSAWG] encoding MUD URLs in QR codes

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 11:18:04 -0500

Hi, I have written
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-opsawg-securehomegateway-mud/

It details how to store MUD URLs in a QRcode.
I would like the OPS Area WG to consider adopting this document.

(I am anticipating some additional co-authors from academia, who have been
working with MUD and device profiling)

There are a number of questions:
1) Is this Standards Track or Informational?
   Informational because I'm describing something a project has done.
   Standards Track maybe.

2) This is not transported over the Internet, but is about things that are
   transported over the Internet, some might argue it's inappropriate for the
   IETF.  Except that MUD is ours.

3) I'm amending a WiFi Alliance format, but I've heard that they are okay
   with this.  We probably need a formal statement.
   I'm creating an IANA Registry here.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-