Subject: [OPSAWG] 107 Prelim Agenda and Call for Agenda Items

From: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 18:25:57 +0000

The prelim agenda is out, and it looks like we’re tentatively scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.  With that, we’d like to open things up for agenda items.  Given that timing has been an issue, we want to prioritize WG items, and then items that have had substantive discussion on the list.  All slots will be limited to 10 minutes initially.  Slides should focus on open items and questions for the WG.

Please reply if you need a slot with the following information:

Title
Speaker
Local or Remote

Thanks.

Joe and Tianran

Begin forwarded message:

From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [107all] IETF 107 Preliminary Agenda
Date: February 21, 2020 at 18:43:12 EST
To: "IETF Announcement List" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

The IETF 107 Preliminary Agenda has been posted. The final agenda will be published on Friday, February 28, 2020.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/107/agenda.html
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/107/agenda.txt

The experiment with open agenda time continues at IETF 107 in the same way as IETF 105 and 106, with an hour and fifteen minutes each morning.  Meeting rooms will be available for signups from 08:30 - 09:45. Regular WG sessions will begin at 10:00. In addition, two attendee signup rooms will be available throughout the week as usual. Signups will begin after the final agenda is posted on 28 February.

IETF 107 Information: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/107/
Register online at: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/register/

Don’t forget to register for these exciting IETF 107 events!

Social Event
While we’re not yet ready to begin selling tickets, planning for a social event is in progress! Please save the date (Tuesday 24 March) and look out for an announcement with further details soon.

Hackathon
Signup: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf107/hackathonregistration.py
More information: https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/107-hackathon/
Keep up to date by subscribing to:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

Code Sprint
Signup: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF107SprintSignUp
More information: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF107Sprint

--
107all mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/107all

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:51:40 -0500

I have the following MUD things:

1) draft-richardson-opsawg-mud-acceptable-urls-00
   There was also a bunch of discussion about how to embed/reference/link to
   MUD files in SUIT manifests last week.
   I believe that there is a bigger mechanism here to discuss.
   Some of this could occur in the SUIT WG instead.

2) Operational Considerations for use of DNS in IoT devices
   draft-richardson-opsawg-mud-iot-dns-considerations-01

3) Manufacturer Usuage Description for quarantined access to firmware
   draft-richardson-shg-mud-quarantined-access-00
   (M.Ranga has joined as an author, new document

---
I presented         A standard process to quarantine and restore IoT Devices
                 draft-richardson-shg-un-quarantine-02

at RIPE79 last October. The idea was to make this a RIPE BCOP, but I think
that we need a lot more discussion here.
In the process of discussion, some CAPPORT connections have been proposed,
which probably don't belong in this document.

Discussion of many of these things has occured on and off on the mud@ and the
iot-onboarding@ lists.  I shall find some time to recap them to this list.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 17:24:50 -0500

>     Some of this could occur in the SUIT WG instead.

There is also a thread here: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/mud/w_R2ubWGD7b_FDyf8T2ZBAS85uo/

>     draft-richardson-opsawg-mud-iot-dns-considerations-01

This document is also about DoH, and maybe could go into that other 
group.  Or cross-reviewed.

>     (M.Ranga has joined as an author, new document

This is the oldest and maybe least controversial document.