Subject: [OPSAWG] draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs is approved.

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:43:18 -0400

Hi all,

I wanted to let y'all know that draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs (The TACACS+
Protocol) has just been approved - I'd like to thank the authors for
all of the work that they put into this document[0]...

This document was adopted by OpsAWG in 2015, and has had -17
revisions. It was IETF LCed about a year ago, and was on the
2019-05-16 telechat, where it garnered 5 discuss positions.

The authors have worked closely with the relevant ADs to address their
DISCUSS positions, resulting in significant changes and improvements.
Adam, Roman and Alexey recently cleared their DISCUSSes, and the
document is now ready for publication.

Thank you all,
Warren Kumari.

[0]: I'm the one sending this as the document was reassigned to me:
2020-01-27 -  Alissa Cooper - Shepherding AD changed to Warren "Ace" Kumari

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 17:50:52 +0000

> On Mar 19, 2020, at 13:43, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 

This is excellent news.  I second the thanks for the authors, working group, and the ADs for pushing this forward.

Lest we forget, we wanted to documented the existing T+ protocol so new work could be proposed to shore up its security.  On to the new work!

Joe

---

From: Ethan Rahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:55:44 -0700

Congratulations to everyone who worked on this. I know I am not alone in
looking forward to the new, secure, generation of TACACS+.

Cheers,

Ethan

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:51 AM Joe Clarke (jclarke) <jclarke=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> This is excellent news.  I second the thanks for the authors, working
> group, and the ADs for pushing this forward.
>
> Lest we forget, we wanted to documented the existing T+ protocol so new
> work could be proposed to shore up its security.  On to the new work!
>
> Joe
>
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>