Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 01:00:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for Automating Service and Network Management with YANG
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Liang Geng
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2020-03-17

Abstract:
   Data models for service and network management provides a
   programmatic approach for representing (virtual) services or networks
   and deriving (1) configuration information that will be communicated
   to network and service components that are used to build and deliver
   the service and (2) state information that will be monitored and
   tracked.  Indeed, data models can be used during various phases of
   the service and network management life cycle, such as service
   instantiation, service provisioning, optimization, monitoring,
   diagnostic, and assurance.  Also, data models are instrumental in the
   automation of network management.  They also provide closed-loop
   control for the sake of adaptive and deterministic service creation,
   delivery, and maintenance.

   This document describes an architecture for service and network
   management automation that takes advantage of YANG modeling
   technologies.  This architecture is drawn from a network provider
   perspective irrespective of the origin of a data module; it can thus
   accommodate even modules that are developed outside the IETF.

   The document aims in particular to exemplify an approach that
   specifies the journey from technology-agnostic services to
   technology-specific actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/