Subject: [OPSAWG] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 17:57:59 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ comments ]]

* Perhaps a suggestion that vendors might want to have a factory-installed
  option for interested customers that /only/ an encrypted config can be tried
  and no attempt to use a plaintext config will be made.

* Security considerations paragraph about control of the configuration server
  should include a mention that the key is not required for interference if
  the booting device will happily fall back to loading a cleartext config.

* Though less common than DHCPv4, consider acknowledging the broader (open)
  issue of file/TFTP server service discovery (DHCPv6, RAs plus resolution of
  a well-known hostname, DNSSD, ...).

[[ nits ]]

[ section 4.2 ]
* "Publish TFTP Server" --> "Publish to TFTP Server", perhaps