Subject: [OPSAWG] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 07:21:32 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-sdi/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. The document is easy to read.

Please also reply to Nancy's IoT directorate review at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-opsawg-sdi-10-iotdir-telechat-cam-winget-2020-05-14/
(Thank you Nancy for the review)

I am also trusting my security AD peers for the security aspects.

Please find below a couple on non-blocking COMMENTs.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

Should the "IP address" be scoped ? I.e., is it global scope or (IPv4 and IPv6)
link-local only ?

-- Sections 1 & 2 --
PLEASE when mentioning DHCP also refer to DHCPv6 RFC 8415 (trusting the authors
to fix this before final publication). You may also explore whether IPv6 Router
Advertisement / PvD could be an option.

-- Section 1.1 --
This is an informational document, so, I wonder whether a reference to BCP 14
is useful. (see also Murray's comment on section 4.2)

-- Section 4.2 --
Is there a reason to suggest the use of TLS to fetch the certificate? Normally
a certificate is public information and is authenticated.

-- Section 5.1 --
Is there a need to store the public key (and the associate cert I guess) in TPM
?