Subject: [OPSAWG] Error discovered during AUTH48 processing of draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 16:12:39 -0400

Dear OpsAWG,

During AUTH48 processing of RFC 8907 (draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs) we ran
into something that was clearly an error:
Original:
   As this information is not always subject to verification, it is
   recommended that this field is in policy evaluation.

We are planning on replacing it with:
Updated:
   As this information is not always subject to verification, it MUST NOT be
   used in policy evaluation.:

The original clearly makes no sense, butas  the correction flips the
meaning from what was written when approved, I wanted to let the WG
know.

I'm planning on approving the "Updated" on Monday Sept 21st unless I
hear a clear and compelling argument why not...

W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf

---

From: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 20:25:59 +0000

As a contributor, I think the new text is much clearer and seems both correct and a wise thing [not] to do.

Joe

> On Sep 14, 2020, at 16:12, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear OpsAWG,
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 14:46:51 -0700

>    used in policy evaluation.:

puhleeze