Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:03:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Telemetry Framework
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Pedro Martinez-Julia
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
                          Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2020-09-21

Abstract:
   Network telemetry is the technology for gaining network insight and
   facilitating efficient and automated network management.  It engages
   various techniques for remote data collection, correlation, and
   consumption.  This document provides an architectural framework for
   network telemetry, motivated by the network operation challenges and
   requirements.  As evidenced by some key characteristics and industry
   practices, network telemetry covers technologies and protocols beyond
   the conventional network Operations, Administration, and Management
   (OAM).  It promises better flexibility, scalability, accuracy,
   coverage, and performance and allows automated control loops to suit
   both today's and tomorrow's network operation.  This document
   clarifies the terminologies and classifies the modules and components
   of a network telemetry system from several different perspectives.
   The framework and taxonomy help to set a common ground for the
   collection of related work and provide guidance for related technique
   and standard developments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/