Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 01:26:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Manufacturer Usage Description (MUD) (D)TLS Profiles for IoT Devices
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Blake Anderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2020-10-05

Abstract:
   This memo extends the Manufacturer Usage Description (MUD)
   specification to incorporate (D)TLS profile parameters.  This allows
   a network security service to identify unexpected (D)TLS usage, which
   can indicate the presence of unauthorized software or malware on an
   endpoint.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: tirumal reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 14:55:42 +0530

Revised draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-tls-01
addresses several comments from OPSAWG and TLS WGs.

Main changes are listed below:

1) New Section 6 discusses MUD TLS profile processing rules to handle
protocol ossification

2) Added several examples to Section 6 and Section 7

3) Removed the GREASE supported flag in the YANG module and the MUD TLS
profile does not include GREASE values.

3) Updated YANG module.

Further comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

-Tiru

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 13:57, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>