Subject: [OPSAWG] Document Action: 'A Framework for Automating Service and Network Management with YANG' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 07:11:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Framework for Automating Service and Network Management with YANG'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework/

Technical Summary

    This document describes an architecture for service and network
    management automation that takes advantage of YANG modeling
    technologies.  This architecture is drawn from a network operator
    perspective irrespective of the origin of a data model; it can thus
    accommodate modules that are developed outside the IETF.

Working Group Summary

    This document ran eight versions before adoption into the working
    group. The adoption poll included responses from fifteen people and
    general support was indicated.

    WG last call attracted fewer commenters, but there were several detailed
    reviews which were addressed.

    There were no points of contention.

Document Quality

    This document is not intended for implementation, but as a guideline for
    building and deploying management systems. The involvement of four
    network operators in the authorship indicates that the document has been
    viewed carefully by those involved in deploying network management
    systems.

Personnel

    The document shepherd is Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
    The Responsible Area Director is Rob Wilton <[email-masked]>