Subject: [OPSAWG] Introducing "IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Information Elements Extension for Forwarding Exceptions" draft

From: Venkata Chaitanya Munukutla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 16:50:14 +0000

WG,

We recently published a new draft (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions/) that introduces IPFIX extensions for exporting forwarding exceptions. Please do review this draft and let us know your feedback.

--
Title         : IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Information Elements Extension for Forwarding Exceptions.
Authors   : Chaitanya Munukutla
                    Shivam Vaid
                    Aditya Mahale
                    Devang Patel
Filename : draft-mvmd-opsawg-ipfix-fwd-exceptions-00
Abstract  :
   This draft proposes couple of new Forwarding exceptions related
   Information Elements (IEs) and Templates for the IP Flow Information
   Export (IPFIX) protocol.  These new Information Elements and
   Exception Template can be used to export information about any
   forwarding errors in a network.  This essential information is
   adequate to correlate packet drops to any control plane entity and
   map it to an impacted service.  Once exceptions are correlated to a
   particular entity, an action can be assigned to mitigate such
   problems essentially enabling self-driving networks.
 --

Regards,
Chaitanya.

Juniper Business Use Only