Subject: [OPSAWG] Feedback on draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-03

From: Q <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 20:38:37 +0100

Hello all,

I'd like to provide some feedback on draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-03
in relation to RDAP. The current draft makes reference in passing to RDAP,
and the remarks: RPSL attribute will fit into the RFC7483 Section 5.4 IP
network object class, however the proposed geofeed: attribute has no such
mapping in RDAP.

I would like to suggest that this draft amend RFC7483 to add "geofeed" as a
possible member of the IP network object, with the same format and to be
treated the same as the RPSL attribute.

Thanks,
Q
Director

 <https://as207960.net>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/4570b2d1-947f-426a-832d-d0e4bf445267/public_url>

https://as207960.net
AS207960 Cyfyngedig
Phone: +44 29 2010 2455 (ext 601)
Fax: +44 29 2010 2455
Address: 13 Pen-y-lan Terrace, Caerdydd, Cymru, CF23 9EU

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:49:43 -0700

> I'd like to provide some feedback on
> draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-03 in relation to RDAP. The current
> draft makes reference in passing to RDAP, and the remarks: RPSL
> attribute will fit into the RFC7483 Section 5.4 IP network object
> class, however the proposed geofeed: attribute has no such mapping in
> RDAP.
> 
> I would like to suggest that this draft amend RFC7483 to add "geofeed"
> as a possible member of the IP network object, with the same format
> and to be treated the same as the RPSL attribute.

we intentionally do not attempt to change RPSL or RDAP; though we do
suggest how to change RPSL and could do the same for RDAP.  we felt it
would best be left to those who own those protocols to maintain them.

of course we could be wrong in this.  let's discuss when we push -04 and
it is a wg document.

randy