Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] WG LC: draft-ietf-opsawg-finding-geofeeds

From: Antonio Prado <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 15:45:02 +0100

On 2/1/21 12:49 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I support this

hi,

I very much appreciate the intentions of this text and hope to see the 
solutions it proposes widely adopted: I'm planning to implement it 
myself right away. therefore, I would like to express my support for 
this draft.

besides, I would like to make some small notes on the text:

1. I believe it may be more correct to refer to RFC 4012 rather than 
2622 (as inet6num support is declared in this draft)
2. paragraph 4, first block, I think it should say "there IS a fair 
number of them."
3. paragraph 5 "The geofeed files SHOULD be published over and fetched 
using https". maybe the word https should be capitalized HTTPS?
4. paragraph 6 "If an inetnum: for a wide prefix (e.g. a / 16) points to 
an RPKI-signed geofeed file, a customer or attacker could publish a 
unsigned". maybe s/a unsigned/an unsigned/ ?
5. oh, speaking of Iff, I would prefer if and only if, extended.

thank you
--
antonio prado
AP7729-RIPE
SBTAP, AS59715

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 22:05:57 -0800

> 2622 (as inet6num support is declared in this draft)

thanks!

> 2. paragraph 4, first block, I think it should say "there IS a fair

<blush>

> using https". maybe the word https should be capitalized HTTPS?

can you cite where i would get good answers to such stuff?  the rfced
usually cleans them up.

> 4. paragraph 6 "If an inetnum: for a wide prefix (e.g. a / 16) points
> to an RPKI-signed geofeed file, a customer or attacker could publish a

<blush> yet again

> 5. oh, speaking of Iff, I would prefer if and only if, extended.

will you not hate me if i leave it and let rfc have one more reason to
whack me?

randy

---

From: Antonio Prado <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:31:28 +0100

> will you not hate me if i leave it and let rfc have one more reason to

who, me? iff I was a hater maybe I could seize this opportunity

--
antonio