Subject: [OPSAWG] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs-yang-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 22:16:17 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs-yang-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-tacacs-yang/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have very little to add that was not already mentioned by my
colleagues (but I agree with Roman and Francesca that a compelling case
for standards-track has not been visibly made).  These are basically
nit-level comments.

Section 3

   authorization, and accounting servers.  Authentication is used to
   validate a user's username and password, authorization allows the
   user to access and execute commands at various command levels

I think that RFC 8907 uses the term "privilege level" for what is being
referred to as "command level" here.

Section 4

        leaf timeout {
          type uint16 {
            range "1..300";
          }

How was the maximum of 300 seconds chosen?