Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 05:50:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Discovering and Retrieving Software Transparency and Vulnerability Information
        Authors         : Eliot Lear
                          Scott Rose
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-10-24

Abstract:
   To improve cybersecurity posture, automation is necessary to locate
   what software is running on a device, whether that software has known
   vulnerabilities, and what, if any recommendations suppliers may have.
   This memo specifies a model to provide access to this information.
   It may optionally be discovered through manufacturer usage
   descriptions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 14:53:50 +0200

This draft addresses the YANG doctors review.

There is one significant change:

In the intervening period between last meeting and now, OASIS went ahead 
and got themselves a csaf .well-known endpoint.  The endpoint as 
currently defined isn't particularly useful for discovery of 
vulnerabilities relating to This product.  Rather than get into it with 
them, and since vulnerabilities move at a velocity different than that 
of software updates, I removed the capability to query for 
vulnerabilities on the device itself.  It could conceivably still happen 
via OpenC2, but that's beyond the scope of this spec.

Eliot

On 24.10.21 14:50, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>