Subject: [OPSAWG] Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-09.txt> (Network Telemetry Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 09:54:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'Network
Telemetry Framework'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Network telemetry is a technology for gaining network insight and
   facilitating efficient and automated network management.  It
   encompasses various techniques for remote data generation,
   collection, correlation, and consumption.  This document describes an
   architectural framework for network telemetry, motivated by
   challenges that are encountered as part of the operation of networks
   and by the requirements that ensue.  This document clarifies the
   terminologies and classifies the modules and components of a network
   telemetry system from different perspectives.  The framework and
   taxonomy help to set a common ground for the collection of related
   work and provide guidance for related technique and standard
   developments.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.