Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 01:45:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Discovering and Retrieving Software Transparency and Vulnerability Information
        Authors         : Eliot Lear
                          Scott Rose
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2022-03-06

Abstract:
   To improve cybersecurity posture, automation is necessary to locate
   what software is running on a device, whether that software has known
   vulnerabilities, and what, if any recommendations suppliers may have.
   This memo specifies a model to provide access to this information.
   It may optionally be discovered through manufacturer usage
   descriptions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-sbom-access-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 10:51:32 +0100

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to all,

This update really has only two changes in it from the last time, and 
should be ready for WGLC:

 1. An attempt is made to format the Security Considerations section in
    line with the requirements for YANG models.  Thanks to Tom Petch
    (yet again) for sticking to this.
 2. A warning is given about using non-secure retrieval methods for
    SBOMs.  We cannot remove these methods because there are operational
    environments where encryption simply is not used today.

Eliot

On 06.03.22 10:45, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSAWG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg
>