Subject: [OPSEC] noted: draft-dugal-opsec-protect-control-plane-00

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 21:31:07 -0800

I notes with interest today the initial publication of:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dugal-opsec-protect-control-plane-00

for which I am certain review and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

joel

---

From: Glen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 23:53:35 +0530

I read the draft and i am not sure i understand the motivation of why
this needs to get published as an IETF standard.

Am i missing something here?

Glen

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> OPSEC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsec
>

---

From: "Smith, Donald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:26:05 -0700

I am certainly not an IETF expert so will leave that to others but I found the document to be interesting and valuable.
Most router vendors will NOT provide cpp numbers to ISPs. Other ISPs have asked me what numbers we are using on the Qwest network so ISPs are interested in something like this with actual values in it and the reasoning behind those values.

I would be willing to review and provide comments on this draft!

(coffee != sleep) & (!coffee == sleep)
[email-masked] gcia

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of Glen Kent
> Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 11:24 AM
> To: Joel Jaeggli
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [OPSEC] noted: draft-dugal-opsec-protect-control-plane-00
>

This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential or
privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the communication and any attachments.

---

From: Rodney Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:42:22 -0500

Thanks Donald. We do appreciate any and all feedback and review comments.

You can reach all of us via:

[email-masked]

Or unicast any of us and we'll get together on the feedback.

Rodney

On 1/6/10 2:26 PM, Smith, Donald wrote:
> (coffee != sleep)&  (!coffee == sleep)

---

From: Rodney Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:55:17 -0500

Glen,

Thanks for reading through it. The consensus of the authors was that we 
would aim for an Informational draft
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1796) and the idea is that it helps 
support the Goals and Scope of OPSEC:

https://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/opsec-charter.html

Hopefully it raises the awareness of network operators to do more to 
protect the control plane of the network infrastructure devices.

Similar in concept to how RTBHF was highlighted via RFC 5635 to help in 
the data plane:

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5635.txt

Rodney

On 1/6/10 1:23 PM, Glen Kent wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Joel Jaeggli<[email-masked]>  wrote: