Subject: [OPSEC] comments: draft-dugal-opsec-protect-control-plane-02

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:34:13 -0700

Some thoughts as a contributor not as working group chair...

I'd like to see the configuration examples in appendix a and b extended
to handle the ipv6 case as well.

In the juniper section I think the icmp rule is missing a directive:

               term icmp {
                   from {
                       protocol icmp;
                   }
                   policer 2Mbps;
		^
		then?

                   then accept;
               }

at least with the router I have to the lab running 10.1 it doesn't
accept that stanza as written.

---

From: David Dugal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:15:37 -0400

Thanks for the comments, Joel.  The IPv6 suggestion is a recurring
theme.  We plan to add references to IPv6 in -03.

Not sure how that JUNOS typo got past the editors (me).  I'll fix it in
- -03 as well.

- - Dave

On Sun Apr 18 2010 14:34:13 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time), Joel
Jaeggli <[email-masked]> proclaimed ...